Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Coupler upgrades and clearing more right-of-way

A shipment of Kadee couplers arrived yesterday so today I had most of my rolling stock in the shop for coupler upgrades. All of my equipment now has Kadee G scale AAR Type "E" couplers and this is what I'll use consistently going forward. Also, two cars that were still using plastic wheels received new steel wheels.


After car upgrades were complete, I put all my rolling stock behind the UPS NW2 for a test run.


I'm expecting another shipment of track tomorrow. So in preparation I cleared out the right-of-way through the iris bed around the Western Redceder. It's sad to see so many iris go, but most of these will be going to Dawn's yard so I'll still be able to visit them. If weather and time permits tomorrow, I should be able to put down the roadbed after I pick up some more gravel at Burien Bark.


Here's another view showing the loop the track will make around the tree. A lot of iris had to be removed, but the yuccas were not touched.


This picture shows what will likely be the final alignment of the high line. I think the eastern bridge foundation will be right around where the rock in the foreground is. Everything beyond that will be filled in with dirt. The high line will cross the tunnel about two inches above the tunnel roof.


And speaking of bridges, look what arrived late this afternoon. It's beautiful!


Finally, here is a short video showing the train during the test run.



No comments:

Post a Comment