Pages

Friday, June 3, 2016

Construction continues on new lines

Work has been progressing the past two days along the PE&A right-of-way.


I've removed all of the concrete blocks that were buried along the fence where tunnel no. 1 will be built. The largest one, which was blocking the right of way, probably weighs over 100 lbs. While the big rocks are out of the way, I still have a number of large roots to remove before I can start laying down foundation for the road bed.


I also surveyed and staked out the loop around the big tree (western redceder, Thuja plicata). I then strung mason line between stakes to show where the two long tangents will be, the first along the fence line on the incline, the second one about 12" over the lower track loop. The "high line" will cross over the lower track loop in three spots. For more perspective see my previous post that includes the site plan.


Here's another view looking the other direction. My goal is to keep the incline along the fence to no more than 2.5%. I haven't decided how long the tunnel will be -- likely it will be about 5-6 feet and end just before the track goes into the curve.


As the National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory for the next two days, I don't think I'm going to get much more work done this weekend. But Monday should see cooler temperatures, just in time for the arrival of my new track on Tuesday.



1 comment:

  1. It's a perfect 75 degrees. Looking forward to your post about today's progress:)

    ReplyDelete