Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

UPS NW2 and box car

My newest acquisition is a UPS branded EMD NW2 and a 40' steel box car by USA trains. Both are beautifully decorated in Pullman Brown with gold trim. This gift came from Charlie, via Kris, and I think I'm now the fourth owner, but this mint condition locomotive looks like it had never been run on tracks until today.

The box car features on both sides a large UPS logo, "Think Safety" slogan and an 8' sliding door.


The locomotive has the full company name spelled out along the hood in gold. The truck frames, exhaust stacks and bell are all in gold as well.


There is a large logo under the windows on both sides of the cab. Check out those gold trucks!


And the front of the hood includes a small logo as well as an Olympic sponsorship logo. Note the hook-and-loop coupler which I will replace in time.


I was expecting the train to arrive today so I had already cleaned the tracks this morning in preparation. Once I had the cars unwrapped, I immediately had them outside and running on the track. Below are a couple of short clips of the UPS train in action...




No comments:

Post a Comment