Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

New siding in place

A new siding is now in place on the flat area between the two bridges. It's not a very long siding -- just room enough for two cars or maybe three if they aren't long. You might notice that a little more landscaping is now in place -- I'm taking plants out of their pots and getting them back in the soil now that I've decided where they should go.


In the upper right of the photo above you can catch a glimpse of the plate girder bridge. It's now painted black, the color typically used by the Northern Pacific on steel bridges on the Palouse. I used a combination of different spray paints to try and give it a weathered metal look. Next I'd like to stencil in PE&A RR on the side, probably in white.


I like the finished look of the plate girder bridge, so I've temporarily pulled out the Warren curved-top-chord through truss bridge and it's in the paint shop now. The weather is hot and dry so it's a good time for painting.


I've also extended the track beyond the 30-degree at-grade crossing. It's still just a stub while I'm figuring out exactly how it will loop around to meet the upper level track.


Finally, here's a short video of a BN consist out on a test run. I was having some problems with track power and finally got it fixed this week, so trains are up and running again.






No comments:

Post a Comment