Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Rolling Stock: 40-foot box car (BN 57950)

My latest acquisition arrived today, a 40-foot box car from USA Trains. Thank you Kris!

I quickly switched out the couplers on the new car and then it was time to take it out for a test run. My BN consist is now one car longer!


Here's a short video of the train crossing over the culvert.

The mole(s) are still around but the activity has dropped a bit the past few days, perhaps due to the dry weather. I'm still not ready to put any new track on the ground until the mole is gone, but I did do some other work such as clearing the remaining irises from east end of the area where the trestle will be built. I've also been moving dirt and gradually building up the mountain around the tunnel.
I also built a miniature French drain and put in a two-inch PVC pipe near the tunnel south portal to carry runoff under the tracks so it doesn't pond on the uphill side

This photo shows the French drain leading up to the PVC pipe.

Finally, one more short video of the BN consist. This perspective is the view from the bridge.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could catch that little mole and train it as a gandy dancer, keeping the underground drains and tunnels in working order!

    ReplyDelete