Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2019

New plantings

Several weeks back I stopped by Tsugawa Nursery in Woodland, Wash. which has a great selection of dwarf and miniature plants and ground covers that work well in garden railroads. I wasn't looking for anything in particular but I bought a few things anyway. Sadly they've been sitting around waiting to go in the ground since then, as I wasn't sure where I wanted to place them. As fall is drawing closer I realized I decided to just get them in the ground, and I'll see how they winter over and then move them if needed in the spring.

The 2019 National Garden Railway Convention is just a few days away! Things will kick off this Sunday with pre-convention garden tours in the greater Seattle area. I can't wait.

Silver Thyme

Delosperma "Jewel of Desert Ruby"

Sedum makinoi "Ogon"

"Pink Ripple" Thyme

In addition to the plants I also picked up this half flat of local strawberries at Tsugawa Nursery. Some of these little jewels are still in my freezer, waiting to be enjoyed on a cold winter day when the heat of summer is a distant memory.

While I was planting ground covers, Alki was laying on the grass enjoying some late afternoon sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment