Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Rolling Stock: 2-bay Covered Hopper (CNW 169322)

I acquired a couple of new cars over the winter that haven't been featured in blog posts yet, including this beautiful Chicago and North Western Railway two-bay covered hopper, number 169322. While this is a departure from my typical BN green cars, the CNW is one of my favorite railroads and I really enjoy the yellow color, which complements BN green very well.


Chicago and North Western 169322

This is the third AristoCraft two-bay covered hopper I've acquired. I also have one in Union Pacific livery and one in Burlington Northern, which you can see in this previous blog post.

A few links of interest:


In other news: mole damage! I had a mole earlier this year but it was dispatched quickly after it appeared. A new mole moved in last week and has pushed up three mounds so far in the railroad area of the yard, two of which have destroyed part of the creek bed, just downstream from the high bridge.

Mole hills or mountains?


No comments:

Post a Comment