Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Landscaping and plants

I picked up some bark today and did a little more work on landscaping.


I also found this very cool plant at McLendon's, a type of green santolina called Santolina virens 'Lemon Fizz'. Even the name is awesome. Daric is shown at 1:29 scale for reference.


I've started a few different groundcovers and this is my favorite, a type of club moss called Selaginella kraussiana 'Aurea'.


I've put in three dwarf trees so far. The first is a Thuja plicata 'Whipcord'.


This next one is a type of Hinoki Cypress, Chamacyparis obtusa 'Dainty Doll'.


And this last one, which will grow to be tall and very narrow, is a type of hybrid yew called Taxus x media 'Maureen'. The photo only captures about half the tree.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew,
    I cannot believe how much I look forward to seeing what is happening for the Palouse, Elberton, and Ainsworth Railway. This is what a coffee break really ought to look like. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete