Pages

Friday, October 9, 2026

Trestle Complete

In the past week I finished work on the trestle so I can finally complete my upper loop. I now need to do some cleanup work to open the upper loop, and I need to do some repair work to the lower loop near the trestle as I bumped it out of position a few times while I was working next to it.

Finished trestle complete after a few days of work.


Work I did on the first day linking the first few bents. As I've done previously, the stringers running between bents are first glued and weighted down by bricks to hold everything in place, and then I attach cross beams between the bents using small clamps.


An image from the second day and the next segment of the trestle complete.


Work continued around the tree on the third day. I was limited by how far I could go based on how many small clamps I had. Clearly I need to get some more clamps.


I finished up the trestle work yesterday so today I removed the remaining clamps and put the track in place. I still have a few small details to fix but the trestle is essentially complete.


Another view of the completed trestle looking the other direction.


And here's a view of the trestle from the other side of the cherry tree.


A westbound unit crude oil trail that passed us during a recent bike ride.


On the same bike ride, a westbound unit coal train. 


From a recent hike in Deep Creek canyon to enjoy the fall colors.


Another view of the canyon.



No comments:

Post a Comment